January 18, 2006
Posted by on
There are a few insignificant milestones that have occured over the past week or so that are worth a brief mention:
– Been at the new job for 4 months, wondering when it is proper to drop the “new” prefix.
– Been living on my own for just over a month, and have yet to oversleep, grab fast food instead of cooking, or clean the toilets.
– This blog has seen it’s 5,000th visitor, and now has over 160 posts. Thanks for reading!
– I have started my 16-week training program for my next marathon (which you can follow along here).
– My friend Josh has finally admitted that Pittsburgh Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger (a fellow Miami University graduate) “played well” during a game.
Another thing worth noting, that I am a little bittersweet about, is that I finally broke down and ordered DSL service today. Yes, I’m super excited that I’m finally going to have a fast, reliable internet connection like I had been used to prior to moving. But on the other hand, I have to pay through the nose for it. In addition to the $35 for the service, I also had to signup for phone service, which in it’s most basic form is still over $30! Looks like I’ll be dining on a few more bread and water dinners over the next few months.